Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Gender Unknown!

You are a baby with your own mind aren't you? When Daddy, Dr Aulds and I were patiently waiting for you to provide a little view, you simply refused to give it up. Knees together, feet together ... no rolling around for repositioning. I guess you were perfectly content where you were and equally content to keep things to yourself :)
(I find this sudden inactivity amazing considering you are thumping me several times a day when there's no sonogram machine in sight!)
The lesson you are providing me? Patience, flexibility and the most important lesson of all? It's all up to baby - you run the show :)
Now, your arrival will provide the suprise of boy? or girl? We might get to take another peek at 28 weeks with a 3d songram, but our doctor warned us that with a bigger baby, things might be even more obscured by that time. I'm prepared to be in the dark until July.
Even though we didn't find out your gender, it didn't seem to matter all that much. We did learn the most important things; you are developing normally and everything looks great according to the doctor. You waved at us, showed us your feet, your spine, your ribs, your face ... all perfect! In one great shot, you held up your hand (looking huge by the way!) as if to say "Stop right there, that's as far as you'll be going today!"
Instead of being disappointed, both your Daddy and I are admiring your spunk and attitude.
I guess the things we love in each other (defiance, strength and certainty) are making an appearance in you already! Oh great ... another stubborn family member :) You are going to fit in beautifully.

No comments: