Before heading in to run some errands by myself last weekend, I mentioned to Craig that I didn't like going places these days when I'm so hugely pregnant. He said something to the effect of "enjoy the attention". I must have had a premonition.
The first place I stopped, the cute, young girl at the register asked me when I was due, did I know what I was having and upon my answers she somehow managed to tell me it was a big baby, I had a big belly (those were her exact words) and was I sure it wasn't twins? I tried not to be too curt with my answers. I'm sure she meant well. To top it all off, I had to go back to her a few minutes later in search of my sunglasses that had fallen out of my purse. Sheesh.
I have a hunch this is only the beginning of many, many comments over the remaining five weeks. I'm surely not going to get smaller so I'd better brace myself for some good ones. I'll keep you posted on the most original.
No comments:
Post a Comment