Today, we loaded up the van (a process that took me about 45 minutes) and Lucas, Mya and I headed into Huntsville. This was our first trip out and it wiped us all out :)
First, Mya's stats - she now measures 22 3/8 inches long, weighs 11 lbs 5 oz and has a head circumference of 39.6 cm. Her height and head are in the 97th percentile and her weight is off the charts. You go girl! It is so reassuring to know that she is getting everything she needs to thrive.
The nurse commented that it is not all that common to see big babies gain weight easily during the first weeks and months. Mya was very tolerant of the heel prick and only got mad when the nurse used a cold wipe to clean it up.
Lucas on the other hand, was not tolerant at the Doctor's office at all - he was climbing on the wheelie stool, grabbing the container with the dirty ear cones (he was even more intrigued when I proclaimed them yucky and gross) and refused to look at the Barbie book (which he kept calling Barney). Finally, sweat pouring off my face, we re-loaded the van and went to get Craig for lunch.
Then I made a mistake, I didn't stop while I was ahead. So far, we had managed quite well and I pushed my luck by making one more stop. I wanted to quickly do some shopping at one of the huge consignment sales that only happen a couple times a year. Mya and I picked up some good things for Lucas and made our way to the door. Not quite the right timing - she started to fuss, then whimper, then cry, then wail. Mom's were giving me sympathetic looks and comments as I carried my red-faced infant to the door while balancing clothes, purse, wallet and stroller. Craig and Lucas followed me to the van shortly after and Lucas had peed his pants. Did I mention that by this time it was around 105F? I fed Mya, Lucas freaked out in his seat and Craig took a business call outside. Craig came back to try and calm us all down and, eventually, we were all reasonably calm and on our way home. Short naps for Lucas and I restored our sanity and Mya has been sleeping ever since.
No comments:
Post a Comment