Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Lots of Language

Now that Mya has mastered the walking thing (she chooses to walk everywhere and crawling has gone by the wayside), she seems to have turned her attention back to language. Of course, she never really stopped accumulating new words, but she is really focused on verbal expression right now.
Yesterday she was absolutely delighted with our Tom Kitten book and she repeatedly said the same thing for "butterfly". It sounded kind of like "buh" followed by some sort of sound I can't reproduce here. But what was significant was the light in her eyes as she knew she "said" the word.
Her vocabulary is impressive - bow wow wow, doll, ball (this is her most clearly enunciated word by far), Daddy, kitty, shoe, cheese, splash, Mum, butterfly,
As always, I bet there are more that I can't think of right now, but I'll add to this list as they come to me.
It's hard to imagine that in a very short time, she will be talking up a storm. I think she's going to be quite the little conversationalist.

No comments: