Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Big Girl Bed

Not the actual twin bed yet, but the modified daybed version of her crib now stands in Mya's room. Last night, Craig cussed and fussed his way through the conversion while I tried to keep the kids from underfoot. It actually didn't take him any time at all and "voila", Mya is no longer a baby in a crib. We took the front drop panel off the crib and added a toddler side for safety.
So far so good.
Just after the construction project, Mya put down her allen wrench and was sliding in and out like a pro. I had a sneaking suspicion we would be dealing with her pounding on her door all night, but not so. She stayed put. She still woke at her usual midnight and 4am, but I didn't expect the bed conversion to bring about a miracle.
Today's nap was the best test of the new bed. Mya fell asleep on the way to get Lucas at school and then awoke before we got home. She was a very cranky bear. I put her to bed and she screamed and fussed for almost 15 minutes, but she did not leave her bed and I am so grateful she hasn't figured it out yet. Hopefully we can form the habit of staying in bed before she figures it all out.

No comments: