I've been starting to get that sinking feeling that my second child is getting shortchanged. You know how it goes? I think she might have fewer photos and less video moments. I think her baby book is slightly delayed. Okay, who am I kidding. I am way behind on that stuff for Mya. It's just not getting done.
I keep thinking that I need to arrange a photo session for her in a real studio, but there is always a reason to delay. For one thing, the Walmart we use all the time closed it's studio. For another, when I have it planned, Mya goes and gets a doozy bruise or a new cut on her face. I'm finding it hard to find an "unblemished" week.
So, what do I do with all the delays and delinquencies? As a third child, I know it gets noticed. I'm very aware that virtually every picture that exists of me has Ellen and David in it, while David has stacks of solo shots. I know logically that my parents didn't set out to exclude me or scar me. I get it. (I still think they love David and Ellen more :)
I guess I need to look around for all the special and unique things that Mya benefits from as the second child. Like, she has a boat load more toys and books at her disposal. Her blog started earlier - before she even existed - even though she didn't get five entries a day for the first year.
Most importantly, I have to get off the "more or less than Lucas" track. That type of comparison is deadly for everyone. I need to focus on Mya in all her "Mya-ness" and goodness knows there's enough of that.
She is the heart of my heart, she is my sunshine, my moonshine, my delight. I love her wildly and if I am open and communicative about that fact throughout her life, we'll survive the paltry number of photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment