We are heading to the beach on Saturday and Mya has been so helpful as we prepare. I mean that. Not in the "oh isn't she a great helper" sense while she undoes everything I've already done. I mean in the "she is truly helpful" sense.
First, she took everything I had laid out and dumped it into our big beach bag (okay, maybe this part wasn't so helpful). She packed Lucas' tag reader bag and she gathered her princess books.
This morning she asked me to clean her bib so we could pack it too. I might have forgotten that. It's so nice to have true help. As Mya gets older, I can only imagine what a support she can be for me. I don't think I've ever considered what help I might receive back from her because our first two years together have been all about me sending help her way. What an amazing gift to feel her help flowing back in my direction. An unexpected gift that I suspect might grow and grow. Of course, I would continue to love and support her even if she never became capable of reciprocating, but what a bonus that she can!
No comments:
Post a Comment