Friday, May 08, 2009

Translation

Mya is doing really well with her verbal skills, but there are definitely some speech rules that you need to be aware of while listening to her to have things make sense. Below, I will list a few consistent changes Mya makes to our language along with some real world examples that apply those rules.

* Drop the "s" prior to all consonants. But all s's before vowels are pronounced.
I want some prinkles please.

* Substitute "t" for "c"
This is just a plain tookie.

* Replace "l" with "y". Mya calls Lucas "Ute" quite a bit these days - a combination of this rule and the one above.

My favorite example - When I grow up I want to be a champion yeader. (Can you believe these words came out of her mouth!!) Another great one "My chair is yeaning a yittle bit to the right"

No comments: