Last Tuesday was Mya's first foray into a swimming pool with water over her head. Let's just say, she was nowhere near over her head!
With no fear or trepidation, Mya was jumping off the side into my arms that first visit. Not only that, she was instructing "further, further" so I would give her even more room for her flight. By the end of the two hour family swim, she was urging me to "let go, Mom" as I guided her and her arm floaties over to the wall.
I guess being witness to Lucas' swimming lessons has more than prepared her for the pool. Heck, who am I kidding, Mya came out of the womb prepared to make haste of all challenges.
Last night was her second visit and this time she had our dolphin floatie around her body and she was swimming. Arms, legs, scooping hands and motoring around the pool - the whole bit.
Her bravery is truly an inspiration to me. I can see I have a lot to learn on this front from her.
No comments:
Post a Comment