Wednesday, February 03, 2010

The Sticky Note Wall

Mya's crying fits were on the rise again so I decided I'd better craft some formal structure that rewarded her good choices versus punished her bad.  That brought about the invention of "The Sticky Note Wall".

Picture a plain black poster board with a great big "MYA" in the middle. 

At the end of each day when Mya reviews her day and finds she did not go to her room or the garage for screaming and throwing a fit, she earns a sticky  note.  When 14 notes make it up on her board, she gets an ice cream treat of her choice.  It sounds like it will be a Dino Sundae at Brewster's.

The best part?  Mya decided we had to make a Catherine board too.  When I asked her what I needed to work on to earn my sticky notes, she decided there were two things that needed my attention .... listening and patience!  Touche little one.

No comments: