It has been a long time since I laughed until I cried, but Mya made me do it last weekend.
We were checking out the Great Moonbuggy Race put on by NASA at the Space and Rocket Center. We discovered a kid's area with a play structure and an automated ride.
Mya eagerly got in line with Lucas even though I had my reservations about whether or not she would like it. I thought it looked like a little too much, but I kept my mouth shut. If I've learned one thing being Mya's mother, it is to never underestimate her fearlessness.
She grabbed a seat, raised her arms like all the bigger kids while the safety bar was locked down. And then the adventure began.
The ride slowly went up and Mya's eyes got larger and larger. Her mouth turned down in a tight grimace and by the time she reached the top, she looked like an owl. A very frightened owl.
At the top, the car did small, short, jerky drops and each drop generated a more and more terrified face on Mya. I expected her to scream or cry or freak out, but she kept a very tight lid on her fear.
Craig and I were howling. She was terrified, but keeping it together. Everyone down below with us was laughing at her hilarious expression. Each time the ride came down, her face calmed down and then as it began to rise again, he eyes would grow huge and he mouth would pucker. Tears were in my eyes it was so funny.
By the third or fourth round, her terror had the tiniest hint of a smile to it. She was scared crazy, but she was loving it.
I realize a video would be so much better, but I am ticked to report we didn't have even a camera. I realize that my words hardly do justice to this incident. Sorry, guess you had to be there. But, I knew I had to blog about it, even if inadequately, so I could always remember that face.
3 comments:
She has a lot of guts.
No camera necessary, I can easily visualize that face. Whee!
No camera necessary, I can easily visualize that face. Whee!
Post a Comment