Wednesday, May 10, 2006

We Know the Gender!

Yipee!! GIRL!!
Monday's 3D sonogram was a very cool experience. Lucas, Craig and I crowded into my Doctor's examination room and dimmed the lights. Butterbean was active and I was hopeful that we would really get a good look.
My goal was to hopefully discover the gender and get a peek at Butterbean's face and I wasn't disappointed on either count. She's beautiful.
We had to be patient though. At the beginning she had her arm fully blocking her face and she was not showing any private parts either. We even got the now-familiar "Stop" hand shot - can you believe she did that twice?
Eventually, with some belly-pokes from Daddy, she showed about 3/4 of her pretty face and we received a clear view of all we needed to see to confirm very definitively that she's a girl.
Lucas was certain all along that he would be receiving a baby sister and he was right. At this point (although still open to change) she will be Mya Arden Lee.
It feels like the perfect balance for our family and as Craig mentioned, our lives have always seemed so blessed. I must admit that I'm a bit suprised so I guess I must have had a boy hunch; but I am totally thrilled to add a girl to our family. Everything is going smoothly and I'm on the countdown now with visits to my Doctor every other week. 10 weeks and counting!

No comments: