Saturday, January 13, 2007

Happy 1/2 Birthday!

My Sweet One,
You deserve the Happiest Half Birthday! January 16th is just around the corner and I wanted you to know all of the things I adore about you at this special stage.
I love how you wake up in the morning with joy. You smile and meet my eyes and make the sweetest sounds. I appreciate how you are always willing to lounge around in bed with Daddy or I as if you truly understand how to relish each moment.
Today, you jumped in your new jumperoo for the first time and you loved it. I loved watching your tiny toes pound the floor. Daddy and I have been calling you "BamBam" because you love to make noise so much. You love giving us a slapping "High Five" and you and Daddy were making great music last night pounding the table with your open palm. This morning you were kicking your bouncy chair so hard it was making a knocking sound on the counter. I can see how exciting all of this new development is for you.
Speaking of development, I am so proud of you for sitting up by yourself !! That takes a tremendous amount of balance and strong muscles too! Good girl! Another great thing you're learning is how to wave. Good for you for figuring out how to adapt your high five motion to other uses.
Another first that seemed to excite you was reading words with Lucas last night. As I flipped through the flash cards with Lucas, you couldn't take your eyes off them. I am so thrilled that you seem to love learning. That single attribute alone will fill your life with greatness. I can see that you are completely ready to be talked to using sign language. Whenever I sign for you, your eyes are glued to me. Soon you'll move your own hand to signal us and everything will shift.
It is only a matter of time before you crawl too and then your whole world will change again. Your tummy is up off the floor now, but you haven't moved your hands or knees yet. Just wait!
You don't have any signs of teeth coming yet, which is just fine with me. Your sweetly shaped bald head doesn't bother me a bit either. Nor should it bother you because bald is beautiful! I am completely certain that you are exactly where you need to be and I see such perfection in who you are. I am so blessed to have you as my little girl. I love you Mya and Happy Birthday!
Hugs and Kisses,
Mommy

No comments: