Friday, October 26, 2007

Mimicry

Mya is definitely a little mimic right now. Just today, her language seems to have taken a serious turn - she has been repeating tons of words that I say. We were going to the "pond", she wanted a "pop" (popsicle) and I've been teaching her how to say Grandma and Grandpa so she's ready to wow them when the arrive on Sunday. She clearly said both words on her first try. Wow.
Most impressive is Mya's mimicry while I change her diaper. Above the change table, there is a picture of the letter M and, even though I don't think I've said it recently, she looked at it and said " m m m m Mommy" which is just the way Lucas and I talk about what letters start words. Oh yeah, she's bilingual thanks to Dora too - abre is her word for open. She's a genius - no doubt about it.

No comments: