Friday, October 19, 2007

One Nap

Much to my chagrin, Mya seems ready to drop down to one nap. Things just seem to be smoother nowadays if she sleeps only once a day. It's a bit tricky as we make the transition, but she's sending all the signals that one is adequate.
I'm listening to her talk and fuss a bit as I type. I'm trying to force two naps out of her today. Knowing Mya, forcing her to do anything is a mistake. I'm thinking it's not going to work and I'll have to go rescue her when I'm done here.
Craig and I have arranged babysitters so we can go for dinner together tonight and I was hoping to send Mya fresh as a daisy with two sleeps under her belt. I guess Nikki will have to earn her money because the kids will be with her for the "witching hours" of 4 - 7 pm. As many Moms know, that can be the worst time of day. I didn't want it to be even worse due to a grouchy Mya.
Mind you, one of the biggest lessons that I've learned after having Lucas and Mya is that what I think may be the case can easily not be the case. She could just as easily be a dream for Nikky. Lots of mothering involves assessing past performance to predict future behavior, but let's face it, kids (and mutual funds) are not predictable. If they were, our whole world would be different.

No comments: