Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Stop Screaming

Our mornings, afternoons and evenings are filled with the sounds of screaming. A scream followed shortly by someone saying, "no more screaming" or "stop screaming" or "if you scream one more time, you go sit in your room."
Mya is a screamer. She screams to express displeasure as one might expect, but she also screams for fun, for something to do and to make her presence known. Most screams come after her brother touches her (even with his little finger).
I can't even begin to list all of the reasons she screams. A) because they are too numerous and B) because often I have absolutely no idea why.
I was encouraged when we had friends over last week and the little boy only two weeks older than Mya let out a scream that sounded exactly like Mya's scream. At least when I realized it is an age thing, I now have hope it will pass. Only one month until we fly and I'm hoping our fellow passengers will understand it's a two year old thing.

No comments: