Friday, June 13, 2008

Mines

I swear, if we weren't about to go on a massive adventure to Canada for the summer, I could very well lose my mind. We have been spending a lot of time at home which has been so nice. In many ways, it has made for an easy, leisurely life since school ended. We're saving gas, we're not out in the heat, we're not in a hurry.

Yet, in one very crucial way, it has made our lives very, very difficult.

Because Mya and Lucas are continuously at home, they have developed a very nasty habit of non-sharing. Lucas picks up a toy - of which there is invariably only one. Mya sees the pick up and instantly wants said toy. Often, Lucas relinquishes toy to Mya and play continues. Sometimes Lucas really wants the toy and doesn't give it up. Instead he raises it up high so little sister cannot reach it. Cue the screaming and the cry of "Mines!". Cue Lucas hitting/kicking/pushing Mya.

Mommy turns and says "What's happening?" and hears a choppy version of predictable pattern. (I don't know why I ask!). Then I explain to Mya that we need to share and that we don't scream. I explain to Lucas that we don't hit in our house and if they can't find a way to work it out, the toy gets put up and no one can play with it.

Our little blue and green alien spent quite a bit of time on the fridge yesterday. Maybe I will climb up alongside him to escape soon.

No comments: