Thursday, December 18, 2008

When I Grow Little

Mya likes to refer to the time when she grows big. Obviously, most kids are focused on growing up. However, Mya seems to think that as she grows big, I will simultaneously be growing little. She explains to me that when she grows big, she will cuddle me and hold me like a baby. How sweet, although confused, is that?

Also, another very cute (alarming?) thing she has going right now with regard to growing big is her declaration that she needs to eat candy, sweets etc so she might grow big. In general, she is aware that food is the fuel that makes her grow. She proudly declared the other day that she would grow big and fat. I hesitated, reluctant to start any self-image problems before three, and then explained that we didn't want to grow fat, because that isn't healthy. Now she proudly announces that "I will grow big, but not fat." I'm waiting for the day that she shouts that disclaimer out loud in public.

No comments: