Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Problem Solver

As the dynamics shift in our family because Lucas attends Kindergarten, I am fascinated by Mya's corresponding shift.

Lucas was fretting about being laughed at by kids at school. He was afraid the kids would laugh at his bandaid (which was inside his sock, inside his shoe by the way) and Mya squatted down on her haunches so she was eye level with Lucas and she declared, "Lukey, you could just laugh at yourself. Wouldn't that be silly?".

This morning, Lucas was stressed at drop off time and Craig reported back to me that Mya was convincing Lucas that school was fun. That kind of backfired on her because Lucas knows that the school Mya attends is fun ... but her intent to assist was noble.

This urge to support and encourage is so sweet. She offers up little nuggets of wisdom and truth to Lucas as he struggles and I am so proud of her. This is new and I love it.

No comments: