Thursday, December 10, 2009

Happy Birthday

Yesterday was my late Grandma's birthday.  Catherine Mary McGrath (nee Ganton) was born on December 9, 1909. This would have marked her 100th.  She passed away several years ago and I still miss her.

As you know, I see my Grandma in Mya often.  Sometimes, she gets a look of mischief or delight about her that is Grandma all over.  The sparkle in her brown eyes when she finds something funny could be Grandma looking out of Mya's eyes.

Yesterday, Mya did something that affirms the connection for me.

Each night, Mya and I have several rituals.  We talk about her day and we find her favourite part. I may rub or scratch her back a little and then we often finish with a lullaby.  Sometimes it is Toora Loora, Hush Little Baby or Rock-a-bye Baby.  Lately, I've introduced Silent Night too.

But, last night, for the first time, Mya thought I should sing Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

Previvor fit mom said...

Pretty cool Mya!
We have a similar bed or daily ritual in finding our favorite part of the day. ;)