Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Show Class

I've been attempting to upload video since last week and I have been defeated.  I will keep trying, but for now, I'll just write a bit about Mya's show class for her dance and gymnastics class.

I think the best part was when they filed into the gym, she led the way.  She was brave and confident and it was so great to watch. 

When it was her turn on the balance beam, she got half way and Ms. Lindsay asked her to turn around and Mya said "I can't, I'm too scared," but did it anyway.  Then, while Ms. Lindsay was assuring her she was a very brave pink butterfly, she announced loudly, "I can do it because I know how to balance.".  Absolutely correct.

Then, Ms. Holly ushered another girl to the uneven bars when Mya thought it would be her turn.  She laid face down on the mat and protested.  I went to her and gave her a hug and then she took her turn on the bars all the while huffing and heaving as she settled herself down.  The tears were on her face, but she grabbed on and showed her stuff.  This fit was mild in relation to ones she has thrown in the past.  She is trying really hard to keep it together and do what needs doing like a big girl.

Another great part of the show was the "free style" dancing Mya did.  She let loose and boogied her way around the mat.  Very impressive.  Daddy and I were both so proud!

No comments: