Crafts rule the day around here lately. Before 8 am, I had traced Mya's two hands, cut them out (the paper ones obviously) and attached them to a head band for antlers.
Shortly after, I was using a red marker to create an authentic Rudolph nose.
The rest of the day involved straws, balloons, paper, tape, scissors, flubber, markers and more. Mya's brain is moving a mile-a-minute and her mouth isn't far behind :)
She instructs, she demonstrates, she explains and she does an excellent job in getting me to do her bidding.
The only rule I have is to ask nicely and perhaps wait for me to finish what I'm doing. She did an excellent job of both today.
I find it so fascinating to see the switch turned "on" in this way. Even a month ago, she was not so involved or eager to create art.
I can almost see the new neurons creating pathways in her brain that didn't exist in February. I can only imagine what new world opens up next.
No comments:
Post a Comment