Alright, things are not that desperate. We actually do still have hope, just no more "Hope Presbyterian Playschool". I thought the melodramatic title might grab you.
Mya marched her way to the front of the Sanctuary last Thursday, waving and smiling. Her rainbow-hued shirt announced proudly her association with the school. Her voice joined 43 others in song. All of it was very sweet.
This school has been very good for our family. It is filled with teachers who are loving, connected and committed. They are genuinely interested in our family and its success.
For a while, I wondered if their excellence makes it hard to enter the "real world" where people may or may not care about you. But I think that it has actually helped face the real world knowing there are genuine people who are authentically caring. Mya may have some adjusting to do when she enters the crowded, under-funded, over-extended world of public school but she takes with her a strong foundation of the basic goodness of others. Thank you Hope for providing us with that hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment