It's so interesting to see how Mya resembles both Craig and myself. It seems kind of obvious, but she is such a sweet blend of me, him and herself. Mostly, she is herself :)
Her physical appearance is my side. Many can see me as a three year old in her. My Mom says I looked just the same and she ought to know. I often see my Grandma's mannerisms, I can see how she resembles my cousin's girl of about the same age and someone mentioned my Aunt Eleanore the other day and I can see that too.
In manner, my Mom assures me that I was much the same as a little girl. Personally, I don't remember being so defiant and opinionated, but maybe so :). Her love of words reminds me of myself. I've always been a chatty Cathy according to Craig.
But, in other ways, she is all Craig's daughter. Her physical body reminds me of his - long back with shorter legs. She's tall, but her height is in her torso not her legs like mine.
Her spirit aligns with Craig's in several ways too. She is adventurous, she is fearless and she is usually on the hunt for some excitement. She and Craig hiked off into the bush yesterday geocaching and were gone so long I called them with my cell phone to make sure they were okay.
Clearly, there is no one like Mya, but it sure is fun to notice all the heritage and genetics that add to that.
1 comment:
Just last night, reading an article in "Prevention" on activities to do outdoors, there was mention of geocaching. Of course, I had no idea what that was about. I do know - just looked it up. High tech treasure hunting. I hope my nephew will enjoy the woods like I do, but I usually just strolling, but I think I can dig being in search of treasures.
Post a Comment