I don't know what it is with Mya but she is going through this phase where weird bodily noises become repetitive habits. It started with a nose whistle. For several days, maybe weeks even, she walked around scrunching up her nose while making this little squeaking noise when she exhaled. Guess she liked it.
I was pleased when that dropped away, but dismayed when it was replaced by a lip smacking sound as she kind of sucked in her lower lip and released it. This one got so bad she would insert several of these popping noises in each sentence. "Where *smack* are my *smack* sparkly shoes?".
That faded away once we got back from Ireland so we've been weird-tic-free for almost three weeks. .. until yesterday. I heard this darth vadar deep-breathing sound behind me and, lo and behold, Mya has a new tic. This one scares me a bit :)
No comments:
Post a Comment