Now that we are a few weeks into school, Mya and I have a nice rhythm going. Out the door at 7:20 for drop off. The sour, not-so-friendly teacher that does car line lights up and asks Mya how she's doing most days. Lucas rushes ahead, leaving Mya to bounce confidently down the sidewalk by herself, heading through the office doors.
I see her again, same bounce, around 11 a.m. when her name is called and she comes through the door. The walk to the car is filled with "Bye Naffin, Bye Thomas, Bye John Robert" and so on. She starts to chatter about Thomas or Ms. Thomas or lunch or seeing Lukey in the hall.
A couple times a week we head to Huntsville to handle some tasks, shopping or appointments but mostly we head up the mountain and spend a few quiet hours together before Lucas' bus comes home. We snack, we swing on the swinging bench, we play games, we make crafts, we draw, we work on activity books, we build things, we watch pbs.
I have decided not to put Mya into the extended-day daycare at school (at least not for a while) because I understand it is really just unhealthy snacks and watching tv. Since I have the honor and luxury of being a stay-at-home Mom, I've decided to spend these precious hours being fully present for Mya.
If I have not completed a task by 11 a.m., for the most part, it waits until the next day. I can see clearly that it will be no time at all before Mya is gone every day all day. Heck, it will be no time at all before she's packing to move out.
No comments:
Post a Comment