Note, the previously discussed emergence from said cocoon and its feelings of wonder has a lot to do with the most amazing feat that just happened - last night, Mya went to sleep around 8:15 pm and I did not hear a single noise until 5:50am!!!
Often, I've been giving her a dream feed around 10 pm before I go to bed to try and stretch her sleep out, but last night I was just too sleepy to get up at 10:30 and do that so I decided to skip it. I was certain I would be up at midnight or two as a result. Nope.
She has almost always stirred at 4 am and I almost always go feed her for fear that Lucas will be sleeping lightly by that time of the morning and he may awake if Mya fusses too long or too loudly. Not up at 4 am either.
Aaaah... so I slept from 10:30 straight through until 6 am. I can not begin to tell you how amazing I feel. I truly feel like a completely different person. Sleep deprivation is like that - in the midst of it, you think you're doing alright, you're functioning fine, but the truth is, once you get a tiny taste of what sanity sleep brings, it just about knocks you over.
I am thinking positive thoughts to encourage Mya to keep on snoozing like a champ. Our trip to Texas this weekend might put a kink in things, but it's only a couple nights and I'm sure she can stay on track.
No comments:
Post a Comment