Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Talk, talk, talk

Mya has gradually been shifting her way to becoming a real little chatterbox. The playschool director was remarking that when Mya is helping Ms. Kristie in the mornings she hears her talk, talk, talk while Lucas was so quiet when he was with Ms. Kristie.

Since that comment, I guess I've become more aware of Mya's level of chatter and sure enough, she talks alot! Last night, I had the tv on while I was waiting for Ms. Little Night Owl to get sleepy and she was almost putting her nose on my nose to get between me and the screen to make her point.

"They are princesses aren't they Mommy? They are dancers too. They are dancing princesses. But they are princesses. I can dance too. I'm a princess. Mommy, Mommy? You're not listening to me....." and on and on and on....

That was the first time I witnessed her barely stop to take a breath. One sentence blended into another, one idea toppled on the other and I was left to wonder when she would ever stop!

I have heard it said that you spend the first couple years waiting impatiently for your kids to walk and talk and then you spend the next couple decades hoping they will sit down and be quiet. Since we are just entering the chatty phase, I am not yet desperate for Mya to zip it, but I can see how I might reach that point if everyday is filled with her voice. Hopefully, I won't get overloaded because I do have three mornings a week by myself while she's in school. I will do my best to remember that this stage too will pass away like a flash and she'll be moving out soon. I have a hunch she'll still be going on about something as she packs her boxes.

No comments: